Monday, July 25, 2011

The First Quest: Pride and Prejudice

I have decided that my first book and movie combination will be Pride and Prejudice, by Jane Austen. The movie will be the 2005 version, but I do plan on returning to this with some of the older version (and maybe one of the television series).

Why did I choose Pride and Prejudice? Well, for the first few choices I would like to try to stay in territory that is familiar with me. Also, I'm having serious monetary issues at the moment, and already own the book. But at the same time, it's a classic with well written and defined characters, and my first classic character crush (Mr. Darcy). I also just plain like the book. Is that so wrong?

I'll start the book as soon as I find myself a copy of the 2005 movie, that way I can read and then watch in quick succession. I hope to find a copy at the library because, as stated before, I can't really afford to buy it, or convince a friend to let me use their Netflix online to watch it. Then again, I also don't really desire to add that movie to my collection. Let's see if watching changes my mind.

Once I get my hands on the movie, digital or otherwise, I will post again. I will have a comparison ready soon after that.

Wish me luck on a quick find!

Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment